|Hake Fillets Stuffed with Crab
1 ¼ lb Hake fillets
1 cup Crab meat
1 Egg yolk
2 TBS Chopped parsley
1 TBS Bread crumbs
¼ cup Butter, melted
2 TBS Shallots, minced
1/2 cup Dry white wine
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Place 4 fillets,(make sure there is no skin on the hake) skinned side up, on a flat surface.
3. Blend the crab, egg yolk, parsley and bread crumbs in a mixing bowl. Spoon equal portions of this mixture on to the centers of the fillets. Smooth the filling over, leaving a slight margin around it.
4. Take the remaining fillets, arrange them skinned side down, over the filling. Press lightly around the sides.
5. Rub the bottom of a flameproof dish with half the butter. Arrange the stuffed fish in a dish in one layer. Scatter the shallots around the fish.
Brush the fish with the remaining butter, and pour the wine around the fish.
6. Place the dish on the stove. Bring the wine to a boil and let simmer about 10 sec. Place the dish under the broiler, about 7-8 in. Cook, watching closely to prevent burning and turning the dish so that the fish cooks evenly. The total cooking time is about 6-8 min.