|Encrusted Tilapia with Vanilla Cream Sauce
Two 6 ounce tilapia fillets, seasoned
3 sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled (14 ounces after cooking)
3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
4 teaspoons fresh orange juice
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
3 graham crackers
1 cup roasted pecans
2 tablespoons melted butter
5 tablespoons heavy cream
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons fish stock, crab or shrimp stock, or water
Pinch of seafood seasoning or Creole seasoning
1. Grind the sweet potatoes, juices, butter, salt and ginger together and set aside.
2. Grind the graham crackers, pecans and butter together.
3. Cover the fish with the sweet potato mixture, then sprinkle the pecan mixture over the sweet potato mixture.
4. Broil the fillets until golden brown, approximately 4 minutes.
5. In a 6 inch skillet, add the cream, vanilla, seafood stock (or water) and seasoning. Bring to a boil and cook for 45 seconds, until the alcohol in the vanilla is gone and the sauce coats the back of a spoon.
6. Pool the sauce on a plate, place the broiled fish fillet on top and serve. -Serves 2
Recipe from Gabrielle and the American Tilapia Association