|Gingered Pork and Peaches
Serve this tasty pork dish with mashed potatoes and a salad.
2 boneless pork loin chops
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 tbsp. canola oil
2 cups peaches, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup scallion, chopped
1 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
1 tsp. grated lemon peel
1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
1. Trim any excess fat from the pork chops and sprinkle with the salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Heat a small heavy skillet over medium heat.
3. Add the oil and pork chops and cook for five minutes on each side or until the chops are browned and cooked through.
4. While the pork chops are cooking, place the remaining ingredients in a blender and mix until the ingredients are well incorporated but not pureed.
5. Serve the peach sauce cold with the pork chops, or heat in a frying pan over medium heat until warm.
6. SUBSTITUTION TIP: One-half teaspoon powdered ginger can be used instead of the grated fresh ginger.